Sunday 21 December 2014

Design Iterations - Face Tracking Project

Face Tracking Project - 2


I have decided that this project will not include the punktiert behaviour attraction work. This is because despite me simply thinking that placing the tracking function that I have previously created (see blog Face Tracking - 1), into the work in place of the mouse tracking, it does not work. This might be down to the vector systems that have been used within the work and for some reason they do not seem to react to face tracking. This is unfortunate as I believe that it could have created a very interesting installation. 

However I will now push on with the particle system idea as I believe that this could a very interactive and interesting idea. In the mean time I have been playing around with the visual aspects of this piece of work, as a plain circle moving around a screen is not the most appealing thing in the world, and as I have found through the poster brief (see blog post ---), for something to get noticed within the fast paced area that is weymouth house it needs to be visually appealing and striking. 


Above shows an idea that I am currently going with, which is having movement within the circle to make it less of still, boring, ambient object. Instead with the circles within the main object moving and changing colour it does bring more visually to the installation. However this will not be the final design for the circle and I will continue to experiment with it to find a way to make it more visually striking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment