Saturday 15 March 2014

Kinetic Typography

Re-done Gravity and Plan Rethink 


Having stated in a previous blog post (see blog post dated Thursday 13th March 2014) I had decided that I would re-do my Gravity kinetic typography. I have completely restarted it and my finished result can be seen below. 

As with the first one I am not overly happy with the finished outcome. I do believe that this one is slightly better than the first one that I made because there are different elements within it, such as a different coloured text and effect for one character speaking and plain white text for the other. Within this one I have also used different sized text to illustrate the emotion within the character's voice. I also believe that the image that I used within the typography was tasteful because it suited what was begin said and was not purely there to make up the space. However once again I am not happy with the work, due to the fact that I believe it is still boring and lacks any creativity. With previous examples of kinetic typography that I have shown, they all had one thing in common, and that was that they were exciting and creative. They were also not one dimensional like mine. By one dimensional I mean that there were many things happening at once, such as text moving around the screen, objects interacting with the elements on the screen and the background was changing. However mine has once again has fallen fowl of begin boring and one dimensional, as it is essentially some text appearing on screen with an effect and then moving of the screen. 

Because of this I have decided to have a rethink on the plan which I stated. In that plan I stated that I was going to recreate the Gravity typography and make another one of the ending dialogue in Shawshank Redemption. I have decided that I will not be making another typography for the time being as I feel that due to the fact that I do not have a large skill set using After Effects, that my time would be best served doing a number of tutorials to improve my skills. Once I believe that my skills have improved enough I will create another kinetic typography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment